Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Miley Rae Rice

Okay, so I'm a couple weeks late announcing the news on our blog... Things have been kinda crazy over here for the last couple weeks with family coming and going and all... So I'm finally just now adjusting to our life with two kids and getting back into the swing of things! Anyways, ... for those of you that haven't heard the details.... SHE'S HERE!

Miley Rae Rice was born at 1:11am on Tuesday May 19th! She weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. and was about 20.5 inches long! The nurses kept telling me she was a perfect baby. She was healthy and happy and did a great job adapting to her new environment! She has done great breastfeeding and is slowly getting used to a new sleep schedule that works for the both of us! :)
She came out looking just like her big sister, with the dark skin, dark eyes, and lots of dark hair! But, as I predicted, she definitely has her Daddy's nose!
Labor was incredible! I was amazed to experience the difference of labor with an epidural for this delivery! and it was.... well INCREDIBLE! There's no other way to describe it! haha... If I remember correctly there was only a handful of pushes and she was out. So I'm already looking forward to the next one... haha!
We are so excited and have enjoyed every minute we've had to share with this beautiful little girl! As soon as she was born we knew that she is definitely something special! And Ava is doing such a great job as a big sister! She loves every opportunity she has to hold her and love on her! Its too cute!
Well, here are a few pics... But first I just want to say thanks to everyone for all your love and support! And a special thanks to my sister Kati, for all your help around the house the last couple weeks! It made my lazy recovery so much easier having you and Mike at home to help out with everything! And another big thanks to Becky for taking Ava for the days that Chris and I were in the hospital! We have the best friends and family anyone could ask for! Thanks again everyone!! We love you all!

Here is a quick pic Kati and I took the morning before I went into the hospital... ugh! I can't believe I was that big... haha!

Here's Miley!! :)
First Family Pics!Proud Big Sis!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenni, she's beautiful, you guys make such a wonderful family. And WOW that is just to wierd to see Katie prego, I still can't get over her and her belly. Again congratulations...

asdf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron & Jayme said...

You are crazy for already thinking about more babies!!! I can't wait for this girl to be OUT and never do it again!!! lol I'm so jealous you have your baby already!! I still have 5 more weeks, hopefully less!!

Tell Kati she looks adorable!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Unknown said...

I know it's waaaay toooo late. But, still
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, 2 kids now, you're sure busy Chris.
I tried to email you today, but it failed to deliver. Get back to me with a "working" email dude
lol
Jaston