Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September Update and Rice Family Pics!

Hello! Wow, I can't believe I've gone this long without a post! I am such a slacker, I know! Well, there isn't much going on right now, but I'll post a quick update on what's happening with our small little family for those of you that I don't get to talk to on a regular basis.
Right now I am up in Vegas with Chris. I came up for a short visit and to attend the Family Orientation night for Chris's job, which was last night. But I am headed home today... :( It has been nice to see Chris and hang out with him! He starts the academy next Monday, the 21st, so I know his life is going to drastically change pretty quick and he will be busy all the time with that. I'm glad I got to come up for a visit before he started, so we could just relax together for a couple days. It has been a nice trip! I am going to miss him when I go home, but I know it is all worth it in the end.
For now, the girls and I are at home, while Chris is living in Vegas. He is temporarily renting a room that he found in an online ad on Craigslist. He says everyone up here is really nice and he likes the ward that he is in, so that is good! The house he is staying in is also occupied by a few other roommates, but they are rarely home, so the house is always quiet. So that will make it easier for him to get all the studying done that he will have to do when the academy starts, which is also nice for him. He says he is very nervous but excited at the same time to start at the academy. I think I am more scared for him than he is! But then again he has always had the desire to join the military, (not that I would EVER let him!), so now he will get a good taste of what that would be like I guess! haha. The girls and I will move up with him the 1st of December, which will give us some time to save up a couple paychecks for the big move! Hopefully that will give me enough time to get the house packed and ready to go! So it should be an interesting next couple months for all of us! I'm sure I will be in Cottonwood spending a lot of time with my mom to pass the time! Plus while I'm in school, its easier to get homework done with someone to help with the kids! Love you MOM!
Well, I think that is about it... We sure love and appreciate all of your love and support that you all show to our family in this time of change! We've got the best friends and family ever! Thanks to you all!

Now here are just a few family pics I wanted to post from our Family Reunion a couple months ago... I just got them from Jolin so I wanted to show them off! hehe! Enjoy!

The WHOLE Fam-Dam-ily!

Our Own Little Family

Chris and I

Grandma & Grandpa! Cute Pic!

No comments: