Sunday, May 10, 2009

38 Weeks and Rice Family Update!

WARNING: Sorry, It's a pretty long post, but I had to get caught up! haha!


Ugh... what a horrible picture of me... but YAY!! As of tomorrow, I've only got 14 days till my due date! I can't wait! We are all so excited! Ava asks every day when her baby sister is going to come out and play with her... haha! I've never seen any little girl so excited to be a big sister. Its so cute! She is going to be such a great helper when this baby comes.And I know everyone keeps asking, but no... we still haven't picked out a name for this little girl... haha. We have, however, narrowed it down to two! So her name will either be Emma or Miley. We both like each name but Chris' choice is Emma and mine is Miley. So we've decided we will come to the final desicion after we get to meet her and see what happens then. But we've finally got the crib up and all the baby clothes out! I'm even packed for the hospital! So I'm ready! We're just waiting for the moment that this little girl will decide to finally grace the world with her presence! haha! We'll be sure to let you all know when that moment comes!

Then I also thought I'd give a quick update of everything else we've been up to, (aside from getting ready for the new baby) since I haven't really posted anything significant in a while... haha. So here it goes~
Well, as for Vegas... like most of you know, we were supposed to hear the final results this week about whether or not Chris got the job with the Vegas Police Dept. But since we never heard anything, Chris decided to email his background investigator to see if there was any progress on his case. And she said that unfortunately, since the May and June academies are both full, they went ahead and canceled the board meeting that they were supposed to have on May 6th to review Chris' group of recruits. And because the next academy isn't until the end of September, they have decided to postpone that meeting until August... :( So, as frustrating as that is, we STILL won't know if he got the job or not for a few more months. And then if he DOES get it, it will be a mad-dash to move to Vegas so we can get settled before he starts the academy... Crazy huh? Doesn't make any sense to me... but what can ya do, right?
So while we continue with our lives somewhat on hold, we'll pretty much just keep doing what we've been doing. Chris has gotten a summer job with a friend selling pest control, so that will be good. Although it is a door-to-door/commission paying job it will provide some extra income until we can get something else a little more stable. And on top of that we are both going to continue attending school for the summer.
Also, my sister, Kati, and her new husband, Mike, are going to be coming this next week to stay with us for a little bit while they find a new place to live and work! I am super excited because hopefully she will be here and get to see the new baby born! They are moving down here from Provo, UT to be a little closer to home and so that Mike can attend school without having to pay a ridiculous amount for out-of-state tuition... haha! So that is going to be fun! It will be nice to have her living down here closer to us so we can hang out more often!
And that is about all I can think of for my update... I hope I didn't bore you too much with this short novel.. haha! Hopefully our next post will be announcing the birth of our new little baby girl!!

4 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

I say Miley! then she will be cute like our Mylee :)

j/k shes going to be cute no matter what you name her :)

can't wait to see when you will have her. Ours is just a waiting game too! are you dilated? are you feeling anything?

Trezise Momma said...

I love the name Miley! That is so cute! But Emma is a great name too! I am sure that no matter what you name her, she will be awesome. We can't wait to see pictures of her, and big sister! You are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I have to say Miley also, it seems that everyone is going back to the older names for some reason, Lilly, Ivory, Abby, I like Miley. Well good luck and we will wait to see her when she gets here.

Jessica said...

I like Emma But Miley is really cute too!! Hard... Can't wait to meet her!!!